The Trapeze Table, Chair, Barrels and small equipment complete the Pilates exercise system. Each apparatus adds an extra dimension to private or group work.
Movement Principles, Mat 1 and Reformer 1 or equivalent, 20 Pilates studio sessions.
Trapeze Table/Cadillac/ (18 hours)
This module provides a thorough introduction to Trapeze Table exercises as well as applications for beginning, post–rehabilitation and advanced clients. Sequencing programs using multiple pieces of equipment are covered as well as equipment set up, safety and maintenance.
Wunda Chair Module (14 hours)
The Pilates chair is great for doing strengthening work with athletic clients, and as an addition to group programming in combination with the Mat and other Pilates apparatus. Wunda chair includes exercises and variations for the original Wunda chair, the EXO chair and the split pedal Combo Chair. This course includes exercises and programming for both personal training sessions and small group classes.
Pilates Barrels (6 hours)
This module includes exercises and variations for the Step Barrel and Ladder Barrel, both are excellent tools for enhancing spinal mobility and core strength. The Ladder Barrel is most commonly used in a studio setting while the Step Barrel is a great addition to group classes.
TRAPEZE TABLE, WUNDA CHAIR and BARRELS are available as stand alone modules for any practitioner as continued education .
Cost per module is $795 including manual.
Comprehensive Program Includes:
– Exercise instruction on the Balanced Body Trapeze, Pilates Chair, Ladder Barrel and Step Barrel.
– A detailed, full colour manual with online videos to enhance your learning experience.
– Successful class design and delivery based on the Movement Principles.
– Development of cueing, coaching and teaching skills.
– Development of critical thinking and problem solving skills for common physical limitations and conditions.
– Equipment safety and maintenance.
Requirements for Completion – Comprehensive only
To become a fully qualified Balanced Body Comprehensive Instructor, students must complete the following requirements:
* Movement Principles (16 hours)
* All Mat and reformer modules
* Balanced Body Trapeze Table module (18 hours)
* Wunda Chair module (14 hours)
* Barrels module (6 hours)
* Mat practical hours (70 total)
* Reformer practical hours (150 total)
* 35 apparatus sessions, 20 observation hours, 95 student teaching hours
* Final written and practical test
Total hours for completion of Comprehensive program:
520 hours (not including anatomy)